Saturday, May 2, 2009
'Dude, Where R My Pants?'
This gives "Drunk Dialing" a whole new meaning. Some geniuses -- and I mean that affectionately -- have come up with what I think is the greatest blog/Web site ever, or at least of the year so far.
It's called, appropriately enough, Texts From Last Night, and like its name suggests, it is a compendium of text mesages that people, mostly drinky, many in various states of undress, have sent their friends (or, sometimes, by mistake, strangers or political campaigns). Their friends, in a display of undying trust and loyalty, then forwarded these text messages to the blog. The results are often hilarious, and it's great mindless, time-wasting, voyeuristic reading. For added enjoyment, they also provide the area code the texts originated from, but the rest is anonymous -- no names are ever revealed, which is good for the texters, once you start reading them.
Some of my favorite excerpts, from a quick read this morning:
* "(813): dude i woke up laying next to some guy. i dont have my bra or his name. he has a nice tv though."
* "(614): I may or may not have started my period at the bar. Good thing I have dark jeans on."
* "(413): Dude this is getting pretty serious, we had a sober make out session last night."
(What is it about texting that makes people call each other "Dude" so much?)
* "(815): Why did you send me a picture of a dick?
(630): It was an accident sry. Not mine tho."
(Oh, those crazy west and northwest suburban Chicago kids!)
* "(323): WTF. you left me with no condoms and you ate all my mac and cheese. scumbag."
And one that makes me laugh out loud every time I read it:
* "(415): Trimmed my pubes and broke your paper shredder. Separate events."
Love it. Dear Crazy Texters: Keep 'em coming, please.